Friday, September 9, 2016

A Plea for Help, Without a Card...

Welcome Friday!  I do believe this has been the longest short week ever!  :-)  Normally, I have a card to share but today is a bit of an exception.  Don't worry, I will be back tomorrow with another project to share.  In the meantime, I have a special request.  One of my favorite things in the world, other than making cards, is visiting Covered Bridges.  Kentucky is blessed to have 13 of the "timbered tunnels" still remaining.  A few weeks ago, USA Today posted a Reader's Favorite Challenge.  And this challenge included covered bridges.  There is only one listed from the Commonwealth of Kentucky and ironically that bridge is probably one of the most recognizable.  It is particularly special to me since it is located in Fleming County, where I grew up.  So now to the favor.  In a little over 2 weeks the votes will be tallied for America's favorite Covered Bridge.  It is my sincere hope it will be my beloved Goddard.  So if you would be so kind, would you be willing to help our small part of the world potentially get some national recognition?  You can vote each and every day!  And if not, I hope you take a few moments to visit a timbered tunnel near you!  

Here is my poor attempt at capturing the charm of Goddard Bridge....


Here is a LINK from our local paper the Maysville Ledger Independent about the contest....

VIDEO so you can conduct your own virtual visit...  They say it is one of the most photographed Covered Bridges in America because of the view through the bridge of the church....

And a direct LINK to the USA Today Contest...  IT IS - Goddard Covered Bridge near Flemingsburg, KY....

And a search of images turns up a plethora of PHOTOS...  Check it out!  

And thank you!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...