Tuesday, August 9, 2016

~ A Golden Happy Birthday ~

Yesterday was a huge milestone for my Mother.  She turned 80 years old!  So over the past few weeks, as we have prepared to celebrate her special day, I have been in the mood to create a bevy of birthday cards.  For today's project, I opted to go with a gold and white color scheme with just a dash of black (for the sentiment).  I used a few of Our Daily Bread Designs' new releases, including the Vintage Bird Labels stamp set and Trellis Die.  


I started with a white card stock base measuring 4.25 x 11 inches, scored and folded at 5.5 inches...

Layer by Layer...

Gold Poster board cut slightly larger than the next layer...
  1. White Card Stock - ODBD's Pierced Rectangles Die
  2. Gold Poster Board - ODBD's ***NEW*** Trellis Die; 3 adhered side by side with dimensional foam to white CS base
  3. White Card Stock - ODBD's Ornate Ovals Die (white scallop you see peeking out below the sentiment panel...)
  4. Gold Poster Board - ODBD's Pierced Ovals Die 
  5. White Card Stock - ODBD's Vintage Labels Die - stamped and embossed with gold Embossing Powder using ODBD's ***NEW*** Vintage Bird Labels Die (image and sentiment stamped in black)
  6. White Seam Binding Bow

Here are the new items you see used on today's project...



a closeup of the trellis die, side by side...  Isn't it lovely?


and a few old favorites....





Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your kind words and feedback!  I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week!

1 comment:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Wow, Lori, this card is amazing!! I loved the way you used the new die! Fantastic card, my friend!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...