Monday, June 27, 2016

~ No Weapon Formed Against Me... ~

You may remember a song Frank Sinatra recorded called "My Way."  The lyrics were written by Paul Anka and were based on another song.  While on vacation in France, Mr. Anka heard a popular pop tune and negotiated to get the rights.  He then promptly went to work creating lyrics for his own version.  Mr. Sinatra recorded the song in 1968 and it went on to become his signature song.  It was so popular in fact that many other acts recorded their own version of it, including Elvis Presley.  I read in an interview given by Mr. Sinatra's daughter that as famous as the song was, Frank grew to dislike it.  

It is funny to think that a song with lyrics that famously say, "I''ll do it my way" was actually a copy of another song...  I know I am guilty of trying to do things my own way often.  And that is when I get into trouble.  It is when I count on my Savior, Jesus Christ that nothing can hurt me.  I may take a few darts, but I manage to get up.  Are you trying to do it your own way?  Are you trying to copy the pattern of the world, just like Paul Anka used a pre-existing melody?  Are you a Milli Vanilli (from my song era) just pretending, instead of being real?  Are you following the most important instruction book of all, the Bible?  When you have the Word of God as your Shield, what can possibly hurt you?

Blessings...


I started with a white card stock base using ODBD's Pierced Rectangles Die to create my plaid and yellow matting.  The plaid and coordinating solid can be found in ODBD's new Birthday Bash Paper Collection.  I stamped my image on Copic compatible paper (Neenah Solar Crest) and colored it with Copics.  I used the Pierced Rectangles Die to cut it as well.  I stamped my sentiment on vellum (also in the Armor of God set) and cut it with the pierced die.  I cut one end to create a pennant and adhered it with spray adhesive.  

So here are the items you see today...




and a few other details...

Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black (image)
Stazon - Jet Black (sentiment)
Copics - Y11, Y15, Y26, E25 (cross)
E35, E55 (belt)
Armor - C1, C3, C5

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...