Monday, June 15, 2015

ODBD ~ The Promise of a New Day ~

Good morning!  Today, I have a post featuring a few items from Our Daily Bread Designs'  
June release.  For this project I used ODBD's new die, Sunburst Background along with the Sunrise Blessings.  I've been thinking about our trip last year to the Outer Banks and just how AMAZING it was to see the sun come up over the ocean.  I keep seeing the beautiful sea oats, sand dunes and quaint fences...  So I was inspired to create this...


I started with a card base measuring 5.5 x 4.25 inches.  I chose a goldenrod color card stock to build on and added a white CS mat.  I used the Sunburst Background Die to cut/emboss my focal layer (also in goldenrod) but before removing the die, shaded everything with a rich yellow distress ink and sponge.  I stamped my sun image (Sunshine Blessings) 
on Copic compatible paper and after coloring, gently cut it out.  I used ripped some Kraft paper (this is where you get your frustrations out my friends) and overlapped them to create sand dunes.  I nestled the hand cut sun in behind the dunes so the "rays" from the die would appear to come from Mr. Sun.  I then used a couple of older dies from ODBD to create my version of sand grass and a beautiful fence.  I opted to stamp the sentiment directly on my embossed background with Versafine ink. 

So here are the products you see today...



 
and some oldies but goodies...

 


Have a wonderful day!

Supplies
 
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Sunshine Blessings 
Dies - Our Daily Bread Designs - Sunburst Background DieGrass Border Die, Fence Die
Paper - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Neenah Solar Crest
Inks - Ranger Distress Ink - Mustard Seed, Memento - Tuxedo Black;Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment)
Copics - Y15, Y17, YR12, YR15

1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

I love your bright and cheery card! Such a sweet design!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...