Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WAW184 ~ Deuteronomy 30:14 ~

It's time for another fabulous, fun and inspirational challenge
  
Be sure to check out the Word Art Wednesday site for all of the details including this week's digital scripture, how to link your creation AND info on some fabulous prizes! 

We appreciate this week's sponsors so very much!  Please take a few moments to thank those who provided our prizes this week!  

This week, I decided to go with a gold and white color scheme...


I started with a white card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches).  I placed a gold poster board layer on top (5.5 x 4.25 inches) and added a slightly smaller white card stock mat.  I used a scrap of the poster board (it holds embossing so well and is SO MUCH cheaper than 12 x 12 pieces of gold card stock) to create my lattice layer.  I started to print the scripture on vellum but had a slight boo boo.  I added adhesive to the back when placing it on card stock and running it through the printer...  well guess what?  I put the adhesive exactly where the scripture printed!  When I removed the vellum, it left a nice layer of white card stock bits on the back...  I really liked the look and left it exactly the way I found it!  I thought the scraps actually made the print stand out!  Can you say, HAPPY ACCIDENT???  I added a cute ladybug stamp image (colored with Copics) and a gold and white floral spray in the corner.  The flower is actually Kraft...  but I thought it worked nicely!  

So here are the items you see...

Digital Stamps - Word Art Wednesday
Die - Our Daily Bread Designs - Quatrefoil Pattern Die
Other Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Butterfly and Bugs
Coordinating Die - Our Daily Bread Designs - Butterfly and Bugs Die
Paper - Vellum, White Card Stock - Georgia Pacific, Poster Board - Hobby Lobby
Flower - Recollections - Michaels
Punches - Martha Stewart Crafts

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

The background die is beautiful! Gorgeous card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- love the die and the sentiment on vellum is beautiful!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...