Saturday, April 11, 2015

~ Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining ~

Good morning and welcome!  The weather has turned ever so cooler in our little corner of the world.  Thankfully, we have not had the severe storms that other parts of the country have had.  Other than a hail storm earlier in the week, it has been fairly quiet.  

Today's project features a lovely phrase from Our Daily Bread Designs' April release, Shower of Blessings.  I have been in a reflective mood the last few days.  Maybe it has been the uncertainty of the weather.  Maybe it is the visible change in the landscape.  I have thought about some of those unexpected changes in my life...  loss of loved ones, job changes, unexpected illness...  Each and every time, there was a blessing just around the corner.  Sometimes it came in the middle of the storm...  sometimes it came immediately after...  sometimes it came after some time had passed...  BUT IT DID COME!  Every dark moment is followed by an equally sunny moment...  It is my prayer that you find that silver lining as well...

Today's card...


 I started with a white 5.5 x 4.25 card stock base and added a gray matting.  I embossed a final white layer and adhered it to the top.  I stamped my sentiment (Shower of Blessings) with Versamark on black card stock and heat embossed silver powder on it.  I cut the bannet out by hand and custom trimmed a gray layer to place underneath.  I used ODBD's Circle Ornaments Die to create the round portion of my "sun."  I added rays created with ODBD's Matting Circles Die.

Here are the products you see..


CIRCLE ORNAMENT DIES - CSBD45

MATTING CIRCLES DIES - CSBD72

I love using dies to create my own "special effects!" 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings...

Supplies 

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs Shower of Blessings
Dies - Our Daily Bread Designs Circle OrnamentsMatting Circles
Ink - Versamark 
Embossing Powder - Ranger Silver
Papers - Georgia Pacific, American Crafts

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...