Tuesday, September 9, 2014

~ Birthday Blessings ~ September and More From ODBD

Good morning!  So glad you could stop by!  Today I have a shabby chic card to share using a menagerie of products and techniques.  Glitter, paint and even hairspray went into this creation...  so fun and oh so messy!  :-)
 
 
I started with a simple black card stock base. (5.5 x 4.25 inches to be exact...)  I added a slightly smaller DP from Our Daily Bread Designs' Soulful Stitches Paper Collection.  The edges were distressed with a distress tool and lightly inked with a pale khaki distress ink.  I stamped the doily image on ecru card stock (Doily Blessings) and used the coordinating Doily Die (mat image) to cut the image in shadow and the intricate die to cut/emboss a doily in black CS.  I layered both (slightly off center of each other to show the design).  I cut the heart out of thin cardboard (Ornate Hearts Die) and slathered it with shades of brown distress ink and white crackle paint.  I used my heat gun to speed the drying process and managed a slightly "cooked" look...  (wasn't what I was aiming for but it WORKED!)  I slathered the heart with crystal liquid adhesive and added a mixture of gold glitter and coarse silver glitter.  Once it dried, I sprayed it heavily with hairspray (hopefully to discourage any shedding and maintain hold...)  Then I spritzed the entire heart with a silver and gold glitter mist.  After it dried, I layered it up and added a die cut vine with ecru blossoms Fancy Foliage and Asters and Leaves.  Tiny ecru pearls finish the centers.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink on ecru Birthday Doily and cut it out with the Pennants Die.  I just love all the layers....
 
Here's a close up.... 
 
 
The new products you see... 
 



 
and some old favorites...
 




 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to pop in tomorrow to see what the Word Art Wednesday Crew is up to! 
 
Blessings...
 
Lori 

1 comment:

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the different twist you put one this card as a shabby chic. Excellent design. Love the heart flower and die cut placement. - Jim

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...