Saturday, April 19, 2014

~ What Our Lord Suffered ~

Welcome!  And thank you so much for stopping by!  This weekend marks one of the most holy in the Christian calendar.  Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of looking back at Our Daily Bread Designs' April release.  And the project featured a wonderful die cut cross.  Today, I would like to focus on a quote that points directly to the impact of that cross.  The stamp comes from ODBD's The Cross set.

 
I began with a simple kraft base and a white card stock mat.  The DP is from Our Daily Bread Designs' Blooming Garden Collection.  I stamped the sentiment on kraft paper with a dark brown ink and heavily distressed the paper.  (In case you can't tell, I wrinkled, crinkled and practically ran over top the paper to get it to look this way...)  I then curled back the top over a lead pencil (to mimic a scroll) and added some jute.  I tied a bow and adhered the sentiment panel to the card.  I added a white card stock die cut cross with dimensional foam.  I really like this card for it's simplicity.  I think it will make a great "man-card." 
 
I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend.  Blessings to you and yours!
 
Here's the products you see...
 
 
 


 



 
Additional Supplies
 
Paper - The Paper Studio, Georgia Pacific
Inks - Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Misc. - Jute

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...