Sunday, January 12, 2014

MOJO327 ~ Lavender and a Ring ~



Good morning!  Hope this Sabbath finds you and yours well!  I want to share a scripture that has been on my mind the last few weeks...
 
But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.” – Hebrews 3:6, NIV
 
This scripture came to mind as the result of something that happened a few weeks back.  I normally take my engagement ring in every 6 months to have the setting checked.  I do this task like clockwork for two reasons...  I am too frugal to pay additional insurance coverage for a lost stone and I am terribly sentimental....  Losing the stone my husband gave me would be heartbreaking...  How can you ever replace memories?  A stone can be replaced, but the memories with it... 
 
My schedule for this task is every July 4th and Christmas...  easy to remember for a busy gal!  And for ten years I have maintained this schedule faithfully.  This year, Christmas came quickly and then January 1st and then the second week in January...  You get the picture...  I was just too busy!  Finally, I forced myself to stop at the jeweler's to have the stone checked.  I took my claim ticket, ran out to mark more things off my to do list.  Thirty minutes later  I returned to claim my ring.  Normally the claims lady will hand me my ring and wish me a very nice day.  That day, the jeweler shuffled out himself to inform me that my ring had to be repaired.  My stone was "extremely" loose.  I was within a hair of losing my precious stone. 
 
So after, nearly hyperventilating, I thanked the jeweler for his attention to the matter and paid the bill.  I praised our heavenly Father for His provisions allowing me to keep such a thing from happening!  And upon reflection, the entire episode brought some thoughts to mind.  Aren't we like that ring?  If we fail to spend time in His word, fellowship with other believers and pray, we let loose of that connection with Him.  Please hear what I am saying...  our Lord and Savior will never let go of us.  When we accept him as our Lord and Savior our salvation is secure.  However, there have been times in my life as I am sure there have been in yours as well, when I failed to keep Him as close as he should be.  And how I missed out...  And just like the diamond I nearly lost, the connection with our Lord and Savior is precious.  Isn't it SO MUCH MORE precious that any diamond, ruby or sapphire?  We have to hold on, be faithful and continue the fight even when the devil tries to tell us we don't have the strength to hold on.  That is my prayer for you today...  Hold on tight to our Lord and Savior and see what happens!  I guarantee what you get from that connection will be worth more than any precious stone! 
 
Today's card for the MOJO 327 contest...

 
based on the following sketch...


Products
 
Our Daily Bread Designs - Lavender

 
Our Daily Bread Designs - Simple Things
 
SIMPLE THINGS

 
Paper - DCWV Dots, Bazzill, Neenah Solar Crest
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Misc. - Stickles Diamond, Cuttlebug - Foundry


No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...