Friday, September 13, 2013

The Apple of God's Eye

Another week is almost over!  Hard to believe that the kids are back in school and fall is in the air.  Over the last few weeks, I have had the distinct honor of sharing some of the new sets at Our Daily Bread Designs .  If you are a regular reader, you know how much I LOVE the new apple set!  This time I colored those delightful gems red and added a fun new die from ODBD as well!

This time I chose a rich red card stock base and added a kraft layer.  The dies are the new Decorative Corner Dies.  I cut/embossed 2 and added them to the top and bottom of my card for added architectural drama! 
 
I stamped the image from the new Apples set on Copic compatible paper before coloring.  After coloring the image, I sponged light blue ink around it to mimic sky and die cut it.  I stamped the sentiment on plain white card stock and hand cut it to create a banner.  I wanted it to look like it was propped in the bushel container!  This is one of my favorite sets this month!  I just love coloring this image!  So fun! 
 
Here are the products I used...
 
Apples set shown here...


and Decorative Corner Dies shown here...
 
 

and Copic colors
 
Basket - E31, E33, E37
Handle - C5
Apples - YR23, YR27, R35, R37
Grass - YG07,  YG17
Leaves - G21. YG63
Stems - E25
 
Additional Supplies
 
Papers - Bazzill, The Paper Studio
Dies - Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Standard Petite Scalloped Circles Large
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black (image); Memento Summer Sky (sponging); Memento Tuxedo Black (sentiment)

Thanks again for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lori... love how you colored the apples! have a lovely weekend!

Tam said...

I like that basket of apples!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...