Sunday, July 28, 2013

MOJO303 ~ He Who Abides in Love ~

Finally made it back from Louisiana!  We took our time over the last few days but boy am I tired!  Now the fun begins...  laundry, household chores, the endless to do list...  **sigh** 
 
But I did take a few moments to play with this week's MOJO sketch using a couple of Our Daily Bread Designs' July releases. 


The base is black card stock.  The card measures 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.  I added a dry embossed white layer (Swiss dots EF) and a slightly smaller panel of green CS with a bit of black under the DP.  I distressed/inked the DP with black distress ink before adhering.  I stamped the bird image next and added the birdcage image on top before coloring with Copics and using the coordinating die to cut.  I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut it and the matting myself before adding.  A few pearls adorn the bird cage along with some die cut vines and mulberry roses.  What do you think? 
 
Here's the sketch... and yes, I did flip it... 


and some of the products I used...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  See ya next time!
 
Challenges
 
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - MOJO303
Hot Time in the Summer - Cheery Lynn Designs - #91 

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

your card is just stunning, lori! love the scripture paired with that beautiful birdcage image!!

Lori said...

I always love ODBD's stamps and I love the way you framed your sentiment with the flourish and flowers. Thank you for joining us with Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and best of luck.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful card. Love the flourishes and flowers along with the beads added to the bird cage. Nice verse. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn challenge. Good Luck

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! So glad that you joined us this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...