Saturday, September 15, 2012

MOJO258 & C4C154 ~ A Mosaic ~

If you are stopping by to check out Clear Dollar Stamps' September Release click HERE

What a glorious day in Kentucky!  The sun is shining, temps are mild and God's glorious creation surrounds me!  I absolutely LOVE this time of year!  Rich colors, crisp air and the beauty that is an autumn afternoon... 

With that theme in mind, I pulled out a variety of papers and images to create a card celebrating the season.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch...


And my take...



I distressed and inked the gingham layer before dry embossing with a fun paisley folder. I placed a couple of strips of faux "wood planking" behind the sentiment panel for that fall farm feel. Doesn't it remind you of a fabulous apple orchard on a crisp fall afternoon? The leaves and acorn are stamps that I inked on coordinating papers and hand cut for interest. A few ecru pearls and a strategically placed flourish add some bling. And just for fun I added a few buttons with cotton cording.

  I just LOVE fall! Can't you tell? :-)

Hugs and blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - Verve - Autumn Splendor & Tall Oaks
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa (sentiment) & Tuxedo Black (leaves); Ranger Distress Ink - Pumice Stone & Frayed Burlap (sentiment panel & distressing on gingham)
Papers - Simple Stories - Documented (acorn); Simple Stories - Harvest Lane (gingham); Echo Park - Chillingsworth Manor (orange leaves); We R Memory Keepers - Hall Pass (yellow leaf); My Mind's Eye - Dilly Dally (wood planks)
Dies - Cuttlebug - Bit of Paisley; Spellbinders - Exquisite Circles, Petite Scalloped Circles Large; Standard Circles Large
Misc. - Buttons (stash); Waxed Cotton Cording; Pearls & Flourish - Recollections

Challenges

MOJO258 - Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge
C4C154 - Anything Goes With a Fall Twist!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card, Lori. I love that you embossed the patterned paper. I would not have thought to do that. I will have to try that.

Mary B. said...

I love gnis fall card. I love how you have everything placed. It really feels like fall.

Grace said...

Oh how pretty Lori! Love the little leaves and acorn! I too love this time of year!

Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Tam said...

love fall! Our leaves are changing now.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...