Monday, September 3, 2012

F4A132, WAW43 & SSIC155 ~ Birthday Blessings

Happy, happy Labor Day to you!  Hoping you are having a nice LONG weekend!  Things are a little rainy here but that allows me to focus on my house. 

Thank you to everyone who has kept my Mom in your prayers!  She is doing well and is able to spend more time on her own.  It will be at least 4-6 more weeks of zero weight on her foot.  She seems to be getting stronger each and every day!  What a blessing!

So this weekend, I am attending to some badly needed household chores and even some crafting!  Funny thing happened on the way to my craft table...  everything was just so MESSY!!!  So in the process, I had to move furniture and reorganize.  Whew!  Didn't know I was in for that!  lol...  Hubs says when I get in these moods to look out!!!  ;-)

Today I have a birthday card to share using a couple of ODBD sets.


I stamped the new ODBD set, Keep Climbing on kraft twice with Memento ink. I then matted the image with black, brown and another layer of black card stock. I selected a sentiment from the Happy Birthday collection. A few Kaisercraft pearls (black) finish it off. Very simple and a nice masculine card to add to my collection!

Thanks for stopping in and until next time... blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Keep Climbing, Happy Birthday
Paper - Paper Studio - kraft; Colorbok - black; Bazzill
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment); Ranger Ink Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice Stone & Frayed Burlap (distressing on edges of image); Memento Rich Cocoa (image)
Misc. - Pearls (black) - Kaisercraft

Challenges

F4A132 - Splitcoast Stampers Free For All Friday - Happy Birthday Adelle!
WAW43 - Word Art Wednesday - Uplifting or Inspirational Project
SSIC155 - Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Birthday Blog Hop

4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Wow, Lori! You have made yet another gorgeous card this week, and I'm SO blessed that you were able to share this second card with us. Your cards always bless my heart, and I thank you for participating. As the Lord guides you to create, it touches people. I'm just so very grateful that you share them with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have an awesome week!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Lori - This is such a beautiful card! Love how you matted the image several times. It gives it such a "rich" look. Sounds like your mom has been through a rough time. Will add her to my prayer list. Thanks for joining us at SSiC this week.
Blessings,
Michelle

Tam said...

Love this card, it's so serene.

Helen said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thank you for joining our "Birthday Blog Hop" challenge at SSiC! ~H
PS Glad your mom is doing better!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...