Sunday, September 23, 2012

MOJO259 ~ Harvest of Memories

Thanks for stopping in!  I hope you and yours are having a wonderful, worship filled and restful Sabbath!  As I write this, I am preparing for a short business trip and attempting to tie up some loose ends.  Tons of laundry, dishes and the like to do...  plus I am frantically preparing posts for the upcoming weeks! 

I have several fun projects this week.  For Cricut fans, I will post a couple of Exploring Cricut projects this week.  Our Daily Bread Designs' weekly Shining the Light Challenge is Tuesday PLUS I will be joining the alumni crew for a hop Thursday!  I will also share a cute card using some digis from Clear Dollar Stamps.  It promises to be a fun filled week! 

In the meantime, I am sharing my take on the weekly Mojo sketch shown here...


And my interpretation...


I had the opportunity to attend a card class a few nights ago. My friend Emily, created some fun projects for us to do. We talked about the plethora of stamps we own... (and how there must be a ten step program for this...) Sadly, I realized I have a stack of cute fall images that I am under utilizing. So today, I pulled out one and knocked some dust off of it. I chose Close To My Hearts' So Grateful set.

I stamped the pumpkin image with a slightly lighter ink followed by the word layer in a deeper shade. I also stamped the leaf in several colors and cut them out individually to add with dimensional foam. I embossed the background with an embossing folder to mimic lattice. The circle form tucked in behind the focal panel is a bit of burlap cut with a Spellbinder die. Instead of my normal spray of flowers, I grouped together some random buttons. It feels a bit more like fall to me...

Thanks so much for stopping by and check in each day this week to see the projects I have. I may even have two on one day! ;-)

Blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - Close To My Heart - So Grateful
Papers - Bazzill, Neenah, Simple Stories - Take a Hike
Ink - CTMH - Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta (pumpkin), Topiary (stem, pumpkin leaf & sentiment), Sunflower, Sunset (falling leaves)
Dies - Spellbinders - Standard Circles Large & Foliage Two
Embossing Folder - Provocraft - Wicker Weave
Misc. - Buttons (Bo Bunny), Twine, Burlap
 
Challenges
 
Mojo Monday Sketch 259 - MOJO259

4 comments:

LindaS said...

Wonderful Fall colors and card. I really like how the embossing repeats the pattern in the paper.

PennyLine said...

Lori, I love your fall card and your old stamps are totally awesome. I love this pumpkin!
The Burlap addition blends great with the rest of the card.

Rosemary said...

wonderful interpretation of the sketch lori!! i love the burlap... what a fantastic touch! hugs!

Tam said...

I love pumpkins!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...